Llamau Learning Training and Employment offer
Below is a message from Llamau about their Learning Training and Employment offer;
In the pdf linked here Llamau – Learning Training and Employment (Final) you can find the Learning Training and Employment brochure which explains our ‘Step into’ programmes. We are recruiting externally on our Step into Education, Step into wellbeing and Step into Employment programme.
We aim to provide young people with a provision that meets their needs in a nurturing way but aims to prepare them for their next step in order that they sustain. We see ourselves as a bridge between pre and post 16 as we know many YP’s are not ready to progress directly into post 16 at the end of year 11.
We can be accessed at any time for any age up to 24years but JGW+ is up to 19th Birthday. Our centre are located in the following areas; Swansea, Bridgend, Cardiff, Vale, Caerphilly, Pontypridd.
- Our fully qualified teaching staff have access to flexible attendance patterns to enable learners to work at their pace.
- Our Step into Wellbeing provision aims to overcome barriers prior to formal education in the afternoons. This is up to 12 hours a week.
- Our Step into Education provision aims to provide up to 30 hours of education provision a week.
- Our Step into Employment provision aims to provide a future employability programme that prepares learners for the world of work. We envisage no learners directly accessing this but moving into this from either Step into Wellbeing or Step into Education. This can be between 3 and 30 hours a week depending on learning levels.
- As well as payments where applicable for learners, we reimburse travel and also provide every learner with a hot meal
- Our Progression Coaches are available to support with meeting young people in the community prior to starting the programme.
- We are an LGBTQ+ friendly organisation with expertise in ensuring support for groups within this. We can offer a range of additional involvement support for groups to ensure they can socially engage with peers also in addition to our main contracts of work.
To get in touch with the team please email L4Ladmin@llamau.org.uk
More information can be found on our website; What We Do: Education, Employment and Training | Llamau