Cardiff Met Courses Recruitment
Since the launch of the Education Workforce Council (EWC) registration process the Youth & Community Work team has had numerous enquiries about professional training opportunities. As a result, they thought it useful to provide details to the youth work sector, and please feel free to share these details amongst your own networks.

They offer three youth and community work courses:

Foundation Certificate in Youth & Community Work
This course incorporates the Level 2 & 3 Youth Work qualifications, giving EWC Youth Support Worker status, and preparation for study at university. Upon successful completion of this one-year full-time course there is automatic progression onto the BA (Hons) programme.

BA (Hons) Youth & Community Work
This degree programme is professionally endorsed by ETS Wales for Youth Work and provides EWC Youth Worker status – the full professional qualification.

Post Graduate Diploma / MA in Youth & Community Work
These level 7 qualifications are professionally endorsed by ETS Wales for Youth Work and provides EWC Professional Youth Worker status. Read Daniel’s blog about his study experiences and how he is making an impact.

Study options
• The Foundation Certificate can be studied full-time (Usually 2 days per week plus placement*)
• The BA degree programme can be studied full-time (Usually 2 days per week plus placement*) or part-time (1 day per week plus placement*)
• The PGDip/MA can be studied part-time (1 evening per week and block study options on some modules, plus placement*)
*If you are employed in a youth and community work job you may be able to use this experience as your placement.

Fees and funding
Many employers support the day (or evening) release of employees to study on professionally endorsed courses such as these.

A 50% fee reduction can be obtained for practitioners undertaking the
PGDip in the coming academic year (placement / partnership arrangements apply).

Please note: Grants and loans are available from the Welsh Government to cover full-time and part-time undergraduate study (Foundation Certificate and BA routes)

Postgraduate loans and funding are available for students choosing postgraduate study (MA only)

How to apply
Full-time study – apply via UCAS
Part-time study – apply online

If you would like an informal chat or require any additional information please contact:

Gill, Louise or Julia to discuss the Foundation Certificate or BA (degree) programmes on 029 20 417247 and 029 20 205947 or respectively or email or

To discuss the PG Dip and MA programmes call 029 20205948 or email

They look forward to hearing from you!