Co-ordinated by Robert Burton, professionally qualified youth worker and manager with over 35 years’ experience in faith-based youth work, and 16 years in statutory youth work and 6 years’ national agenda through training youth workers across Wales through voluntary sector.
The Network exists to support Christian youth workers, inspire excellence in delivery and to offer high quality training and resources to youth workers in the South-East Wales region. Promoting Christian youth work, leaders and workers.
The rationale of the network is to support the youth leaders and workers on the ground from a variety of perspectives and settings, equipping, inspiring, building a sense of team and unity with diversity. A professional approach offering insight and practical ideas and support for the challenges they face in their communities. Promoting partnership working.
- Building a vision / Creating a Culture
- Creating a quality team / Investing in others & Motivation
- Leadership development and Qualities of a Youth Worker
- Professional Supervision
- Professional Boundaries and Time management
- Managing challenging behaviour
- Group work
- Planning and delivering effective workshops
- Running prayer concerts
- Programme planning / Events Management
- Quality Assurance – paperwork
- Reflective Practice
- Communication skills and effective engagement
- Outreach & Detached youth work
- Consultation & Evaluation techniques,
- Christian Youth Work – Discipling and Mentoring young people & leaders
- Safeguarding in a Youth Work Setting
- How to teach young people in Faith based setting