At ASH Wales our mission is to achieve a smokefree Wales by working for strong tobacco control policy. We work to raise awareness of the health, social and economic effects of smoking by working with communities, young people and partners across Wales. We work on projects, campaigns and policy in order to achieve a reduction in, and eventual elimination of, the health problems associated with smoking and tobacco use.
Our key activities
• We communicate the issues relating to smoking and tobacco use in Wales
• We build effective networks of interested parties working in tobacco control in Wales
• We provide support and advocacy to individuals and projects in the tobacco control arena, and to those who are not adequately represented in public health policy or practice
• We lobby for public health measures to protect the health of all people in Wales from the harm caused by smoking and tobacco
• We research and develop policy and projects in the areas of smoking and tobacco control