Urdd Gobaith Cymru’s aim is to ‘provide the opportunity, through the medium of Welsh, for the children and young people in Wales (between 8 and 25 years old) to become fully rounded individuals, developing personal and social skills that will enable them to make a positive contribution to the community‘.
Together we develop their confidence and the skills that are needed to develop self-esteem and happiness in their day to day lives and for the future.
The Urdd is open and inclusive ensuring that the young people of Wales of all social backgrounds have easy access to our work. Our provision is based on children’s rights ensuring that the Welsh language will flourish.
The Urdd is the main access point for Welsh-medium opportunities for young people in Wales.
At the core of our ambition, the Urdd:
• Is current to all
• Contributes to the personal and social development of children and young people
• Inspires young people to be involved with the Welsh language
• Can adapt to the needs of young people by listening to their voice
• Is relevant to children and young people in a rapidly changing world.
• Ensures that appropriate provision for Welsh learners is central to all the Urdd’s services and opportunities
• Youth Work including youth forums, Volunteering, accreditations, Cymraeg pob Dydd, Youth Theatre Company
• Community provision
• Residential Centres, Llangrannog, Glan-llyn, Cardiff, Pentre Ifan and Hungary
• Sport Provision
• Welsh Medium Apprenticeship Programme
• Arts and the Eisteddfod
• Outdoor Activities Service
• Peace, Humanitarian and International
The Urdd’s provision is based on the voice of our members. With two young trustees, a network of regional youth forms and the National Youth Forum (Bwrdd Syr IfanC) ensures that the voice of our members is at the heart of our organisation.
All Wales – please see the links for locations
Catrin James National Policy and Projects Officer
Urdd Gobaith Cymru
Facebook: Urdd Gobaith Cymru
Urdd Ieuenctid (Youth)
Facebook: Urdd Ieuenctid