Amnesty International Wales Conference
The first ever Amnesty conference in Wales is being held on the 19th of October at Aberystwyth University.
One of the themes of the workshops will be human rights in education and Sharon Lovell our Vice-chair sits on Amnesty’s Board and is really keen to ensure the voluntary youth work sector in Wales is included too!
Here are some details about the day:
• The key note speech will be from Amnesty UK Director Kate Allen.
• Other speakers will cover topics including, modern slavery, LGBTI issues, asylum seekers and refugees.
• There will be a panel discussion on How we can Promote Activism in Wales and panellists will include activists from Freedom from Torture, Aberystwyth University Department of International Politics, Wales Youth Parliament and the Amnesty UK Vice Chair, Sharon Lovell.
• There will be workshops on Human Rights Education in Wales, Climate Change and Amnesty’s key campaign, Write for Rights.
• The Action Centre will have stalls and exhibits from other organisations and include artwork from Rohingya refugee children and representing the European refugee crisis.
• We will highlight actions on the imprisonment of Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe and on the Illegal Settlements in Occupied Palestinian Territories.
The conference will be bilingual: Welsh/English.
University of Aberystwyth
10.00 – 16.00 19 Hydref/October 2019 £5.00
Book here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/amnesty-wales-conferencecynhadledd-amnest-cymru-tickets-65509846715