- Our Work
- Raising standards
- Policy and Practice
- Training and Events
Who is it for?
Community musicians with some experience of workshop leading in community settings, who would like to increase their knowledge and skills to work in mental health settings.
Musicians with experience as Mental Health professionals or service users who would like to bring their musical experience into mental health settings.
The course will cover:
• Creating, adapting and leading appropriate musical activities for people with mental health problems
• Increasing confidence in working with vulnerable or distressed people
• Understanding the boundaries of the role of a community musician; what is and isn’t your responsibility, when to ask for help.
• How to include and empower people in groups
• An introduction to some of the issues faced by mental health service users.
• Group leadership and development
• Planning and flexible working
• Managing expectations in groups
• Communicating effectively with agencies and institutions
• Giving and receiving feedback, including reflecting on own practice.
More details in *this document*