CWVYS - What do we do?
The roles and functions of CWVYS
Roles and Functions
The CWVYS work programme for 2009-10:
- Information to members and wider using the CWVYS website and e-bulletins
- Engaging in the implementation of the Youth Service Strategy and ensuring the voice of the voluntary youth sector is well represented
Support for the Children & Young People’s Partnerships (C&YPPs) through the CWVYS YPP representatives
- Support for CWVYS member organisations and other voluntary sector organisations engage with the local voluntary sector networks and the C&YPPs by working with the membership and the County Voluntary Councils
- Engaging in the development of Self Assessment processes, and supporting the Estyn Inspections of Youth Support Services
- Working closely with Youth Work Strategy Branch of WAG on, for example, Youth Work advisory groups and Demonstrating Success
- Youth work training and Continuing Professional Development
- Promoting good child protection guidelines
- Working with LLUK (Lifelong Learning UK) on workforce development
- Supporting youth volunteering and engagement such as with the GwirVol
- Youth Participation in decision making in the voluntary sector
- Representing the Youth network in the Voluntary sector scheme
Working to promote the use of Welsh by young people
Promoting Education for Sustainable Development and Global Citizenship (ESDGC) in the Youth Service
Credit & Qualification Framework for Wales (CQFW) project development
Consultation responses on WAG & other strategic consultataions
Partnerships and policy
The Council for Wales of Voluntary Youth Services works in partnership with many agencies throughout Wales to support good youth work practice in the Voluntary Sector.
Young People's Partnerships
CWVYS is represented on all local partnerships and works with national bodies to support the entitlement of young people to education, personal development, support services and their participation in society.
Click here to view the Extending Entitlement & YPPs page
Voluntary Sector scheme
CWVYS represents the Youth Network and joins with other Voluntary Sector networks to raise issues directly with the Welsh Assembly Government.
Click here to view the Voluntary Youth Sector Network page
Quality Assurance and Training
CWVYS works to promote the development of training, accreditation and quality assurance and with ESTYN for the development of inspection frameworks.
Click here to view the Training & Quality page
The CWVYS Annual report summarise the work undertaken by CWVYS.
CWVYS main Partners in Wales are:
Principal Youth Officers in the Local Authorities
CWVYS member organisations
County Voluntary Councils
Children in Wales